THE FACTS

HAIR LOSS IS ONLY NOTICEABLE WHEN 50% OF YOUR HAIR IS GONE...
AND OTHER WORRYING FACTS (AND WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT)

CONDITION
Most men will be confronted with hair loss at some stage in their life.
30% of men at 30, 40% at 40 and 50% at 50 years of age are losing their hair.

CAUSE
95% of male hair loss is genetic, so you’ve got your parents to thank for that. The other 5% can be due to a number of factors.

If it’s in your genes, your hair follicles will be sensitive to a hormone called DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), which shrinks the hair follicle and reduces the length of time hair is in the growth phase.

PREVENTION
Male Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL) is a gradual process and only becomes cosmetically visible at a later stage.
Prevention is the best cure.

There are ways to spot Male Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL) before it’s too late:

  • Thinning hair at the front of the scalp or on the crown
  • More hair being found on your pillow or in the shower
  • A friend or family member making a comment about your hair
  • Family history (father, grandfather or brother losing hair)
  • Comparison of old photos
  • You’re starting to adjust your hair style or hair product to accommodate for changes.

TREATMENT
Medical treatment – i.e. yours truly – can increase hair count and prevent further hair loss in over 90% of people.

Although there is not yet a cure for MPHL, we do know enough about it to successfully treat it medically and stop it in its tracks.

If you think you’re losing your hair then we recommend completing our online consultation. That way you can get a real sense of what’s possible, and start reversing your hair loss sooner rather than later.

GET A FREE CONSULT NOW